myBlu for $1, hack for cannabis?
« on: May 11, 2018, 09:24:35 AM »
There is a $1 introductory offer for an eCig starter kit, the "myBlu", that looks like the Pax Era.  Natively it's a tobacco system, but seems adaptable to cannabis terps + distillate..

https://www.blu.com/en/US

Unlike the Pax Era it comes with a pod: tobacco eliquid.  You'll have to empty, clean and refill it.

If I have this right, Blu is an eCig company founded by an Australian in North Carolina, acquired by RJ Reynolds, later sold to Amsterdam based Imperial Brands as an antitrust concession in a grandiose merger.

It's a wick and coil system.  Looks easier to refill than the Pax Era -- popping off the top less likely to damage the pod.

Refilling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgtfIJyEVsg

OK, I was charged california tax, bringing up the full purchase price + shipping to about $6.  I figured, what do I have to lose?

Although now I have to source a desirable terps + distillate.  Don't want to go the PG/VG route.

Troy

• View Profile
Re: myBlu for $1 -- Hacking a dirt cheap eCig kit for cannabis
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 10:37:11 AM »
That looks promising!

At TPE I encountered at least a dozen different pod based vapes like that. They were all in the situation of having a device, having working pods, but not knowing how to brand, market, and sell them.

Are you interested in helping test products like this?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 11:59:04 AM »
I am, sure!

If you're asking the 420 VapeZone community  8), take the "forum poll" feature for a spin!

With Big Tobacco in the space, the patent list (e.g. on the myBlu site) is long. You kind of wonder how long before they shut down competitors in the courts.

Troy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 01:38:17 PM »
I am, sure!

If you're asking the 420 VapeZone community  8), take the "forum poll" feature for a spin!

With Big Tobacco in the space, the patent list (e.g. on the myBlu site) is long. You kind of wonder how long before they shut down competitors in the courts.

Asking you specifically :)