Hello Guest

Help - first vape - which would you buy?

• 4 Replies
Help - first vape - which would you buy?
« on: December 30, 2018, 03:44:00 AM »
really need help deciding which vape to buy.
So Im not a heavy smoker, 1-3 joints of an evening. Dont really smoke during the day.
Im looking for a vape that is easy on the throat, efficient doesnt waste weed and has a decent battery life. Ive read convection is better than conduction? The main reason I want to switch to vape is its better for health than smoking. So I would prefer safe materials and glass rather than plastic mouthpiece, as i heard plastic ones takes plasticy. Shouldn't be too difficult to use
My budget is around 160.
These are the vapes ive been thinking about. Tell me if I should rule any out
PAX 2
G pen elite
Flowermate v5 pro plus
Boundless cfx

Re: Help - first vape - which would you buy?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 10:23:40 AM »
I wouldn't go for the PAX 2 or Gpen. The only thing the PAX 2 is good at is stealth, and the Gpen is dangerous to your health due to internal parts melting. 

If you want to stay away from plastic mouthpiece vapes, I'd go for something with glass like the Ariser Air, Solo 2, Milaana, Splinter, Stempod, etc. Those all use glass mouthpieces, are made from good materials, are tried and true, and while some may require a bit of technique to learn to use properly, none of the ones I listed will let you down. They are all great devices and should be in your budget

Sent from my LG-H932 using 420Vapezone mobile app

Troy

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 11:55:13 PM »
Great advice Khelek41girl.

The Arizer Solo 2 would be a great vape for you.
My personal favorite is the Mighty, but it's plastic. I compare the Mighty and the Solo 2 here: https://420vapezone.com/mighty-vs-solo2-best-weed-vapes/
One of my favorite videos too. Enjoy!

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 08:37:11 PM »
I just bought the Solo 2 on sale right from Arizer  As  a  first time vaper but long time smoker  I'm impressed with it  There is a bit of a learning curve  but hey  anything that's new takes a bit of time  I'm impressed with the battery life  , quality of the flavours, Quality of its build  It has an aluminum  body Big battery and heats up pretty quik.  I haven't broke any glass tubes yet but I  did buy a few extra  for  $6 a piece  I haven't had to clean them yet but I don't think that's going to be a problem  For me I think it was one of the best vapes  for me and at a decent price  The  Only thing I don't like about it is the belt  carry pouch  I don't like it one bit  but then I won't really be using it  anyways. If you want to see the quality of materials used just google SOLO 2 teardown and you can see  exactly what is inside of it and how its constructed  Hope that helps ::D

Oh I'd also like to add  the mouthpiece does get pretty hot at the base I wouldn't  grab hold of it once removed from the solo for a good minute or  2 and   I did look at the Mighty  but based just on price    It was over  $100 more and the price of the ghost was even more then that  Now there are a lot of crappy vapes out there   to be sure and they are usually priced cheap too but over all I'm very happy  with the solo2 and would gladly buy it again  I  don't do oils or waxes at this time and if I do I'll simply buy a small pen or something  very very portable and inexpensive.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 11:14:38 PM by OTCS »

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 01:41:25 PM »
Out of your selection I would pic the PAX 2 and Boundless cfx. But both are not that cool at the handling. The pax 2 is a mess, only if you got that press  and have the muse to do it, it's nice but otherwise not.
For the Boundless cfx the handling seems good but not perfect.
The Solo 2 is a super vape, but for me it a bit annoying to carry, if you didn't got a bag. Just in you pokets is possible without making it noticeable but it is not enjoyable. Because device itself is heavy ,and you always need that plastic tub.  Its feels like you have a with coins overfilled Wallet to carry.

The solo 2 is a realy cool vape but I would get the VapCap instead, It's ceep, simple,small and effektiv if you not afraid to use a torch. Because it's only 60-80 Bucks with a lighter, I think the smartest for a starter.
You picked relatively small vapes, is there a reson for that ?