Jerry, Brilliant Cut or Santa Cruz?

Hi Jerry,

I've been a silent follower for a while now but I've found a discrepancy in your favorite grinder pick. I've recently been on the market for a new grinder and my first thought was to come here and check your Vape Accessories tab. In there you say that the Santa Cruz is your favorite. But after a little more research I found your Brilliant Cut Grinder Video and in that you say that the Brilliant Cut is your favorite grinder.

So once and for all, which is it?

Comments

• Wait lol Not Jerry your troy shit im sorry my guy. No disrespect I just came from the troy and jerry show

Vapeman1967
  • Brilliant is my favorite grinder and what I consider to be the best in the biz.

The Santa Cruz has a nicer grind consistency, and is considerably nicer than pretty much every other grinder out there.

NotADoctorJakeVapeman1967vaping4200
  • Thanks for the response! I also want to thank you for your additions to the marijuana scene on youtube. I respect your opinions and reviews.

I do have a question for you though. Why don't you run ads on this website? I understand that you don't take revenue for private companies to hype their products. How do you generate revenue? Do you accept donations? I took my ad blocker off for all of your chanel videos on youtube but I have a feeling that you arn't monetized on youtube due to the nature of your content.

How can I support you and your content?

FollowMyHeadIvan_van_Ogre
  • I hate ads and don't monetize youtube.

I earn commissions from stores that offer affiliate programs. You can support me and my efforts by using my links when you shop at stores like Puffitup, Planet of the Vapes, and Amazon.

Thank you for asking and thinking of me :)

Vapeman1967dubdubhkFollowMyHeadPursewarden_sPastIvan_van_Ogredandre23EsquireSapcoffeeplz
  • I'm currently at a job with drug testing but I am in love with the volcano hybrid. I've always wanted a volcano and then the hybrid came out. I've seen ALL your videos with that vape. I'll make sure yo use your link when buying one.

Troy
  • I almost bought a Santa Cruz when researching grinders until I came across Troy's video reviewing the Brilliant.

My Brilliant Cut Grinder arrived in the mail Monday, and it is gorgeous. It has a fantastic build quality and has some very nice design features. It's the best grinder I've ever used. I got the medium one.

WarpdriveIvan_van_Ogre
  • The Santa Cruz Shredder has the kief catcher. But soon the BCG will have one too.

The Brilliant Cut Grinder has no threads to worry about so that's a good thing but the threads on the SCS have never given me a moment of trouble either. They both just work.

I use them both every day and they do a consistently excellent job. You will do well either way.

WarpdriveEsquireSap
  • Hey Troy,have you ever heard of or tried the str8 flower mill? I already have a Santa Cruz shredder and herb ripper and am waiting for my brilliant cut. I discovered the str8 flower mill on YouTube and decided to give it a try. I received it about 4 weeks ago and haven’t put it down yet. What makes the str8 flower mill different is that it doesn’t use blades to grind the herb. The herb is broken apart naturally and falls through the plate holes. It comes with a medium and fine plates. I can load it up with whole nugs and they’re the perfect consistency in seconds. There is no friction when turning because the herb isn’t being forced between blades. The body is aluminum and the parts that contact the herb are stainless steel,and can be cleaned in the dishwasher. What I love about this is you don’t have the mess on the blades like on a normal grinder. Troy,if you ever get the chance I’d really like to hear your opinion on the str8 flower mill. Thanks and keep up the good work.

• This thing?

I have that grinder, but it's branded as Roiel. They sent it to me a year or two ago, but I never reviewed it or made any content about it.

A few others have reached out with their positive feedback for it as well, so thank you for sharing.

My nugs may have been too moist and sticky for this grinder. They just tumble and roll and smear all over the place.