The Planet of the Vapes ONE is a budget-friendly vaporizer that’s ultra-small, super simple, and crazy efficient. It is perfect for anyone looking for an easy-to-use and easy-to-share dry herb vape.
Planet of the Vapes worked directly with an already-established vape brand to build The ONE to the perfect specifications. The ONE has several improvements and added features that set it apart and add value over other budget vapes.
The POTV ONE is currently on sale for $79
For only $99 the PotV ONE is a great value in a small package. Here’s why I love this vape and recommend it often.
- Simple to use – there’s no special technique. Just inhale! It’s easy to reload and easy to clean too.
- Great Vapor – From the first hit to the last, the vapor from The ONE is smooth, potent, and delicious.
- Ultra Small – This vape is tiny enough to fit in the palm of your hand but still holds .15g of herb.
- Great Accessories – PotV has a bunch of great accessories including water pipe adapters, glass mouthpieces, and mini-bubbler attachments. They’re cheap and easy to swap.
- FREE SHIPPING – Planet of the Vapes ships FAST and FREE. They even include some freebies!
The $99 PotV ONE includes everything you need to start vaping weed:
What's in the Box?
- PotV One Vaporizer
- Magnetic / glass mouthpiece
- Micro USB charge cable
- Cleaning Brush
- Extra Silicon Gasket
- Extra Screen
- Dry Herb Dosing Capsule
- Oil & Concentrates Pad
- Stir / Load tool
- User Manual
Specifics & Technical Info
- Size: 3.2″ Tall and 2″ x 1″ wide
- Weight: 4.6oz
- Battery: 1600mAh
- Bowl Material: Titanium
- Bowl Capacity: .15g (.05-.2g)
- Session Length: 4 minutes
- Bowls Per Charge: 4-6
- Average Run Time: 30 minutes
- Heating Method: Convection Hybrid
- Replaceable battery: NO
- Warranty: 2 Years
How it works
The PotV ONE vaporizes your weed instead of smoking. The magnetic mouthpiece assembly pulls off to access the titanium oven. The chamber holds about .15g of ground cannabis. The ONE will also work with broken-up chunks of bud if you don’t have a grinder.
Convection Hybrid Heating for Smokeless Vaporization
The ONE vaporizer uses convection heating to vape your weed. Intake air is heated and pulled through the bowl vaporizing trichome heads and cannabinoids without burning the material. Vapor is pulled through the glass-dimpled cooling stem and inhaled directly into the lungs.
This vape uses 1/5 of a joint because it’s 5x more effective than smoking.
The bowl holds as little as .05 and as much as .25g, but it works best with about .15g of ground-up cannabis. Grinding the weed first exposes more trichomes to the hot convection air for better-tasting vapor.
Hybrid convection heating comes from the titanium bowl and the direct connection to the heater. The bowl heats up and stays hot adding hybrid conduction and radiant heating.
Hybrid Convection is perfect for quick and easy vapor, better flavor, and fuller extraction.
The four-minute session timer is long enough for 6 or 8 hits on the PotV ONE. I typically turn the vape back on for another 3 or 4 hits to finish the bowl fully. After 10-14 hits, the bowl is finished and I’m ready to reload.
After vaping your weed you can discard it or save it for later consumption. Vaporizers will extract about 76% of the THC and cannabinoids, vs 25% with smoking, so the spent material still has some medicinal value. Many choose to eat their ABV or extract the THC from ABV to make oil.
PotV One Vaporizer Pros & Cons List
Glass Cooling Stem
Super Simple Operation
Full Temperature Control
Bright Useful Display
Micro USB instead of USB-C
Session Mode Only
Non Removable Battery
Slower Extraction Rate
Is the PotV One Safe?
The PotV ONE has an isolated airpath that avoids the intake of air from the electronics or battery compartments. The heater is stainless steel and the bowl is titanium. The vapor path includes a small stainless steel screen and a small silicon gasket before connecting to the glass-dimpled cooling stem.
The PotV ONE passes my sniff test and my taste test. I’ve seen multiple teardowns and I trust the device. I am not a doctor or a lawyer though – just a vape geek :)
Is the PotV ONE, THE ONE for You?
I recommend the PotV ONE to anyone looking for an affordable easy-to-use weed vape. It’s a great alternative to smoking and a superb entry point to the world of weed vapes.
How to Clean the PotV ONE
This vape is pretty simple to maintain and the occasional deep cleaning requirements are really easy. The included brush is perfect for cleaning both the bowl and the screen. I use paper towels and isopropyl alcohol to clean the vape and its components right here at my desk.
Casual maintenance is key! When you’re done vaping, empty the bowl immediately and brush off the gasket and screen while they’re still warm. That’s it. You’re done.
With regular usage the screen will get clogged with sticky goo and the glass stem will accumulate reclaim. Give them both a quick soak in isopropyl alcohol to clear them right up!
3 Reasons to SKIP the PotV ONE
- If you’re a heavy smoker and smoking throughout the day, skip the PotV ONE and get something better. The ONE is more suited for casual usage and only has enough power for 5 bowls per charge. Serious stoners should scope out my Hardest Hitting Vape list or keep scrolling for harder-hitting portable vapes.
- If you prefer an ON-DEMAND vaping experience you should skip The ONE and grab a V3 Pro or other vape with on-demand mode. On-Demand style vapes can take a quick hit or two without fully vaping the bowl. The ONE is a session vape and works best if you vape the full bowl.
- If you plan to vape a lot of dabs and concentrates in The ONE, you may want to consider a dedicated wax pen or another dab device. The One includes a steel mesh pad for vaping wax and oil, and it works, but it’s nowhere near as effective as it could be. Adding your dab directly to the dry herb and vaping a TWAX bowl works better than the mesh pad.
How does the PotV ONE compare to other popular portable vaporizers?
The ONE is only $99 so it may not be fair to compare it to the Mighty+ or the Pax 3, but I’m going to do it anyway! If you’d rather explore all of the better portable vape options in full detail, hit up my best portable vaporizers of 2023 list.
PotV ONE vs V3 PRO
The ONE is a SESSION vaporizer while the V3 PRO has both ON-DEMAND and SESSION modes. The vapor from both of these devices is similar in taste and smoothness, but the V3 Pro has more power potential and can crank out more potent vapor with the right technique.
The V3 Pro also has session mode and can behave similarly to The One.
The V3 Pro is closer to full convection and needs a longer draw to perform best.
PotV One vs Pax
The ONE is a CONVECTION heavy vape that is inhaled directly to the lungs while the Pax vaporizer is CONDUCTION and sipped in a mouth-to-lung manner.
The conduction vapor from the Pax delivers a deeper and stonier high, often more sedative at higher temperatures. The convection hybrid vapor from the PotV ONE is less sedative and more cerebral and heady.
The Pax vape is better for sharing with friends while out and about, but overall I’d still pick The One.